She arrived a little bit early - 3:30 instead of 4 p.m. - so we stopped the in-room pacing and went to the lobby. She was with the people from her orphanage and was toddling all over the lobby playing with a balloon. She wanted to go outside, but the street outside the hotel is pretty busy. She was having fun until they told her to go to Mama and Baba ("daddy" in Chinese). She then shook her head "NO!" and tried to run away (this girl is big and strong and is a very good runner!!). We all took her outside and the orphanage people made the decision for us to hold her while they bolted. She was not happy at all. She screamed and screamed and pulled from us. We took her up to the room and she kept repeating the same words - but our guide said they were of a local dialect with which she was not familiar. I don't know whether she was calling for her people or demanding to go outside or what. She went to the window in our hotel room and sobbed and sobbed. If I backed away, she came to me, but it had nothing to do with me at all. She just wanted someone there. I finally put her in the crib to see if she wanted to look around and she laid down and sobbed until she fell asleep. She missed her nap because of the car ride here from her orphanage (during which the orphanage people said she was looking excitedly out of the car windows). Poor little one is sad and worn out and confused and mad. We are going to let her sleep for about an hour while we order room service and then will wake her up to eat and maybe try a bath before attempting a "real" bedtime. She is very big and strong and the crib is small and has low sides. I think it's fine for a nap, but I don't trust it for nighttime because she could climb out. She may sleep between us tonight. I hope she wakes up feeling a little better.
The orphanage cut her hair into a shorter "bowl" cut in the back, but she is really beautiful! Her eyes are a beautiful blue and she is smart smart smart! She knew exactly what to do with books and blocks and a container of yogurt puffs. In good news, she also sees and picks up very small things and things without a lot of contrast in color (good news for her sight-wise). She also loves being outside. She easily weighs the 25 pounds they told us about in her last report. Her feet are TINY though. :)
Here are the pictures! More later when she is hopefully happier. We can't wait for her big brothers to wake up and see these pictures of their new little sister!!
though.
Let's try this comment again ;) she is gorgeous! I'm sorry it has been so hard on her. Praying for quick adjustment and acceptance. I look forward to your posts.
ReplyDelete