I recently did a "guest post" (see link below) on the awesome international adoption blog/website called "No Hands But Ours." For anyone considering adoption (particularly from China), this site is a must-read! You can find factual information and links to medical and other websites regarding a whole host of special needs. Even better, there are family stories and blog links so that you can see what it is really like - in a day-to-day/"real life" way - to be a family to a child with a certain special need. There are also links to families' blogs who are in China to get their children (always fun to follow along).
Even if we don't adopt again, I want to serve as a resource for other families who might be - as we once were - searching for more information about albinism. I'm always happy to talk to anyone about albinism and Emily and what this "need" looks like for our family. I'm so glad we said "yes!"
No comments:
Post a Comment